page views

3D headset is actually coming out

Sony have officially slapped a November 11 Japan release date on the futuristic-looking visor, called 'HMZ- T1', and it's set to keep the same specs seen earlier in the year.

While the exterior design has changed slightly (it's not so slick now), the headset still boasts a pair of 1280x720 0.7-inch OLED panels mounted in front of each eye (apparently offering an experience similar to viewing a 750-inch screen from 20m away), as well as 5.1 surround sound from integrated headphones.

The HMZ-T1 includes HDMI input and output (so you can take off the headset and continue on a TV) and is set to retail for 60,000 yen (£481).

Sony's exec deputy president Hiroshi Yoshioka said of the device in January, "As a big gamer myself, I couldn't be excited more than when I first played Gran Turismo 5 with this head-mounted display because nobody, not even my wife, could interrupt me so that I could get a higher score."

Remember this ?
 

Other stuff



0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More